Piedmont Fiberglass, Inc. was founded in 1972 by Phares & Carrie Caudle at Mooresville, NC. Originally, PFI began in the fiberglass boat repair industry. However, manufacturing soon became the primary focus. One of our first ventures was Church Steeples and Baptismal Pools which remain a staple in our product line. In 1995 an effort was begun to diversify the type of products that we manufacture.
We now manufacture products for many industries including: architectural, marine, transportation, recreation, tooling,as well as custom projects. Although the original factory had several additions, we were out of room for all of the new product lines! PFI moved into a 170,000 square foot factory in Taylorsville, NC in 2008. Douglas & Angela Caudle have operated PFI since 1995.
33 Lewittes Rd.
Taylorsville, NC 28681
Monday - Thursday: 7:30AM - 4:30PM Eastern
Phares & Carrie Caudle chopping a baptismal pool circa 1978
Giving Back to the Community.....
PFI Employees Care Fund
The PFI Employees Care Fund was established in 2008 as a way for our employees to give back to the community. The Care Fund is for local charities in the Taylorsville community. Our employees have money drafted from their pay check each week that is deposited into a special fund. The Care Fund is governed by a group of plant employees who meet to discuss various needs. To date we have:
- Provided turkeys and hams for the Christian Crisis Center to distribute during the Thanksgiving holiday and donated canned and boxed grocery items for distribution during the Christmas holiday.
- Provided book bags and school supplies to K-6 school children at Taylorsville Elementary School.
- Provided groceries for the Christian Crisis Center to distribute.
- Provided office supplies, a crib and mattress set, and diapers to Caring Hearts Pregnancy Center.
- Provided book bags filled with school supplies to K-6 school children at Shepherd Elementary School in Mooresville, NC.
- Provided Christmas gifts to 8 children in the Alexander County Foster Care program for the past three years.
- Provided assistance to a PFI plant employee who lost all of his possessions in a house fire.
If you would like to help with this program, please contact our office at 828-632-8883